Who is a member?
Our members are the local governments of Massachusetts and their elected and appointed leadership.
On May 17, the MMA-Suffolk Certificate in Local Government Leadership and Management graduated its first western Massachusetts class. Twenty-one graduates received their certificates, marking the 11th class to graduate from the program.
The MMA and Suffolk University started the program in 2011, offering five graduate-level classes from September through May on a range of municipal topics, including budgeting, strategic leadership and human resources management.
The 2018-2019 Northampton program graduates are:
• Lisa Blackmer, treasurer and collector, Buckland
• Lyndsay Broom, assistant chief administrative officer, Lee and Lenox
• Tim Brown, senior management analyst, Springfield
• Kimberly Carson, principal clerk, Northampton
• Meagen Donoghue, executive director, Fitchburg Redevelopment Authority
• Charles Dunham, human resources generalist, Northampton
• Angeline Ellison, town manager, Uxbridge
• Christopher Geraghty, town accountant, Sturbridge
• William Gop, public works superintendent, Lenox
• Joseph Laydon, town planner, Grafton
• Annie Lesko, executive assistant to the mayor and the License Commission, Northampton
• Paul Lisi, finance director, Richmond
• James McGrath, park, open space and natural resource program manager, Pittsfield
• Gwen Miller, land use director and town planner, Lenox
• Gladys Oyola, election commissioner and deputy city clerk, Springfield
• Amy Rusiecki, assistant superintendent for operations, Amherst
• Jennifer Tabakin, town manager, Great Barrington
• Michael Taylor, personnel director, Pittsfield
• Theo Theocles, deputy procurement officer, Easthampton
• Alan Wolf, former chief of staff, Easthampton
• Melissa Zawadzki, finance director, Easthampton
The annual program is offered in two locations around the state. This year, a class is also graduating from a program held in Foxborough.
Starting in September 2019, programs will be held in Littleton and Barnstable.
For more information about the MMA-Suffolk Certificate program, visit www.mma.org/certificate or contact Katie McCue at the MMA at 617-426-7272, ext. 111, or email@example.com.